How emerging companies can make the best out of participating at NILF 2010
The NASSCOM India Leadership Forum (NILF) is NASSCOM’s most important event of the year. The event is a must attend for anyone wanting to get a feel of the industry’s pulse, market trends and new technology directions.
The event is also very representative, and attracts delegates from Tier 1 IT companies as well as mid size and many emerging companies. Over the past few years, NASSCOM has been focusing on getting more customers to the event, and in 2010, there is a fair degree of focus on getting more and more domestic IT buyers to NILF.
The last is of specific interest to emerging companies, as many of them work within the domestic market. In this context, a key highlight is the round table of Indian CIOs on Day 3 of the conference – the session promises to shed light on key aspects of buyer behavior and insights into the way CIOs make decisions.
The Big Picture
NILF is an excellent platform for old –fashioned “ear to the ground” analysis. The event attracts excellent analysts as speakers and delegates. For emerging companies who may not always be able to afford expensive research subscriptions, NILF is the place to meet analysts and even showcase your products to them. Analysts from Gartner and Forrester are speaking at sessions at the conference.
NILF is not just about blue sky thinking – there is plenty of practical advice on offer as well. Some ‘not-to-missed’ sessions include:
- A Workshop by Prof. David Garvin on February 9th, 2010 on ‘Building a Learning Organization’
- Another workshop by Prof Lynda Gratton on February 10th, 2010 will be about ‘Creating the organisation of the future” The workshop builds on key ideas from her work – essentially how a cooperative mindset, boundary spanning and ignition – can be leveraged to create the successful organisation of the future. During the workshop she will take participants through the steps they have to go through to really bring energy and innovation to their businesses.
- David Meerman Scott, author of the best selling “The New Rules of Marketing & PR” will lead a New Rules of Marketing & PR Masterclass on February 11th, 2010. This is a “do-not-miss” workshop for any emerging company looking to leverage social media for some savvy marketing. There is also going to be a TweetUp with David Meerman Scott on February 10th between 06.15 pm and 7.30 pm.
NILF 2010 also features the popular Country Sessions – these focused sessions are an excellent platform for delegates to understand geographies that interest them. Please look at the table below for details of the country sessions on different days.
9th Feb 2010
2.30 – 3.30 pm : Brazil
3.45 – 4.45 pm : Poland
5.00 – 6.00 pm : Australia
10th Feb 2010
10.00 – 11.00 am : Egypt
11.30 – 12.30 pm : Germany
2.00 – 3.00 pm : UK
3.30 – 4.30 pm : Colombia
5.00 – 6.00 pm : Japan
All About Networking
Finally NILF is also all about networking. The highly useful “Connect” service will be up and running shortly and all delegates should be receiving their user ID and passcodes soon. For those new to NILF, Connect is an online conference organizer that lets you plan your programme at NILF, as well as connect with other delegates ahead of the conference so that you can set up meetings in advance.
In addition to Connect, you can also network through two other platforms:
- One on one meetings between 4.00 and 5.00 pm on February 10th
- Speed Networking between 5.00 and 6.00 pm on February 10th
In effect there is plenty for emerging companies at NILF. Do plan in advance so that you can take optimum advantage of the platforms offered.
Look forward to seeing you in Mumbai.
Cross Post from NASSCOM EMERGE blog