Part II of the blog
Process Transformation – A dynamic catalyst
‘Process Transformation’ drives the design and delivery of value-oriented operational transformation by taking an end-to-end approach to achieving excellence in the execution. Positioned at the intersection of business and the technology, it helps clients achieve measurable benefits that transcend cost-cutting to deliver a true execution advantage, swifter, simpler and more flexible operations, and rigorous process execution across the enterprise to ensure certainty of outcomes. Indian IT-BPM organisations have been successfully transforming business processes of their clients by removing unnecessary or manual operations, automating as many procedures as possible, and outsourcing non-critical functions or replacing them with new techniques, thereby, offering an enhanced value proposition.
Process Transformation at its core includes the following 4 levers-
• “Improving business efficiencies” – Reduced operational costs and redundancies, error reduction due to automation of business operations
- L&T Infotech offered a seamless and integrated IT Infrastructure to AICTE data center to improve process efficiencies. The new e-Governance system offering a secure online payment gateway; led to a 200% increase in revenue from fee payments; faster processing of applications, along with better functioning and productivity
- Tata Consultancy Services provided an extremely flexible Real-Time Gross Settlement System (RTGS) to Reserve Bank of India with 10x performance. The solution led to improved business efficiencies resulting in cost reduction and increase in ROI along with lesser manual intervention and quicker transmission of messages
- Dell offered a virtualized platform and upgraded the infrastructure of Chitale Dairy partnered with a complete automation of its milk production process. The solution led to better process efficiencies through network virtualization, increased access to information and simplified technology management in remote areas
• “Business process integration” – Streamline, automate and integrate business procedures by strengthening key functions and processes through standardization
- Paper based maps and inadequate information on the field activities were turning out to be obsolete in measuring efficiency of the milk federation (The National Dairy Development Board). Esri India tackled the problem with its ‘i-DGIS’ – Web-based GIS solution which enabled identification of villages on digital map with village census code and GPS technologies
- Net Vigil Software provided a S2Pay powered platform for a quick and efficient food serving process; canteen management system and a cashless canteen at Welingkar Education Campus. The solution led to better integration of existing manual processes, faster processing, reduction in manpower cost along with better cash flow and higher sales due to prepaid money process
• “End-to-end service delivery” – End-to-end project management by integrating and automating core functional applications & work-flow procedures
- RailTel benefitted through a seamless and integrated flow of information with Oracle suite of technology solutions. The system offered automated functional operations with work flows and electronic approval processes along with real time status of key performance indicators for review by senior management as well as strengthened key functions and processes through standardization with phasing out of legacy applications
• “Cost competitiveness/ Improved productivity”– Best-in class processes; consistent high quality delivery performance SLAs
This report titled “Show-Cases: Technology enabling process transformation” presents 21 case studies focussing on the process transformative capabilities of the Indian IT-BPM industry helping various industries including BFSI, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Tourism etc.
Under business transformation as a theme, we are covering 3 sub-themes as mentioned below and soon, we will start with Phase II.
• Process transformation – ALREADY OVER IN PHASE I
• Business/Revenue Impact – PHASE II
• Customer Experience – PHASE II
We look forward to your participation. Kindly share your case studies on these two themes at Research@nasscom.in